Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hello and Welcome to my blog. As you can see from the title of the blog I am an environmentalist and am passionate about it. I am constantly updated on the most current news from another environmental focused news website, TreeHugger. Other material that I will blog about comes from different blogs or sites that matter to me.

I first became aware of my passion when I took AP Biology at my school. For one of our labs we went down to our local creek and collected samples of the water. The first thing I noticed was the stark contrast between the area around the creek and the urbanized city, then I saw the trash that obstructed the flow of the creek. Considering how I was learning how life was created, I was deeply disappointed at the status of the creek. High School has a similar effect: no one cares that students leave trash on school ground, but why does this happen?

And from this question I began investigating things I could do, and shortly after, found everything I needed and started my own club, The Environmental Club.

Although I am not interested in pursuing an education focusing on the environment, as a person interested in biology, I want the environment to stay undeveloped for the animals, for the plants and for the world. Anyways life is beautiful so why would humanity want to pollute it? I want to show my concerns and I will try to extend my scope not only in the US but to the world. This is a global problem and the only way to solve it is by the collaboration of everyone around the world.

This blog is dedicated to my opinions about current environmental issues and other things I find. I know there are plenty of blog out there about this, but this is my way of getting my passion out there, instead of watching silently doing and saying nothing.

8 comments:

  1. I like your passion and I was wondering if you be posting tips on how to be environmental friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erinn! I'm really proud of you for making this blog to make it known to the world that the environment is being intoxicated by our waste. I hope to read more about what you say. Also, if I may ask, what else are you going to be discussing? Are you going to talk about cleanups? environmental disasters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think there is anything wrong with doing things silently - in fact, that should be applauded - there are too many people that try to call attention to themselves or just don't subscribe to what should be common sense.

    Remember to keep doing, silently or not. Others will follow and this world will become a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really important issue and i think your passion for this topic really shows through. On this blog are you going to include news about events that are harming our environment like oil spills? Also, I agree with Ronniesha in that this would be a great place to give your readers tips about how to be more environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your passion for the environment. I think more people should be more like you, because people these days are becoming more ignorant and selfish. If it benefits them or makes them look "cool" they will do it, regardless who will be affected. Ii is irritating seeing people leaving their trash on the floor when the trash can is a few steps away. I, too, love nature and we really should give in more effort in preserving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pollution is a very serious problem that needs to be brought to more people's attention. I think that it is great that you have dedicated your time and efforts to help the environment. Are you going to post about local cleanups and events?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same question as Ronniesha: are you going to be posting tips on how to be environmentally friendly? I applaud you for being so concerned with the environment and taking the time to actually do something with it. Go Erinn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will post tips on how to be environmentally friendly. I admire your passion for the environment. I look forward to reading more and hopefully learning more.

    ReplyDelete